During the course of my blogging “career” I’ve been fortunate enough to receive a number of wonderful blog awards from my fellow bloggers. No matter how many times I see one pop up in my e-mail or in a comment on a post, I’m always so excited to know someone enjoys my blog.
Over the last few weeks, more bloggers have been kind enough to include me on nomination lists. Due to my new shorter blogging schedule, I’ve fallen a bit behind on accepting and passing along blog awards. I’ve decided my delay has just given me a little longer to be excited about the fact that my blog has made someone smile.
Thanks so much to everyone who has stuck with me as I follow my muse wherever she goes. You are all amazing and I’m so lucky to count you as readers and fellow bloggers! Thanks to each of you for passing these awards my way. To accept my awards, I will be bending the rules a bit (shocker, I know), but I’m still putting the original requirements for anyone who wants to follow the guidelines.
I am so late on accepting this, but many, many thanks to Paula Acton for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Her blog is full of beautiful artwork, musings, and fantastic posts about writing. My favorite thing about her blog, however, is her quirky sense of humor.
- Thank and link the individual who nominated you
- List 7 interesting facts about yourself.
- Nominate some blogs you love and let them know.
- – -
The Lovely Blogger Award from Debbie Rea Johnston. I’ve just recently started following Debbie’s blog and its turned out to be a wonderful reading experience! Be sure to stop by and see what she’s up to.
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
- Tell them seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
- – -
Liebster Award from Wings of Wonder. This is one of the first blogs I ever followed and it’s still among my favorites. Between beautiful artwork and posts of creative exploration, I am always inspired by wings of wonder.
- Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you
- List 11 interesting things about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and let them know!
The Very Inspiring Blog Award from The Madame’s Tea Party. A blog full of stories and poems that inhabit a world unlike any other. I visit daily for a walk on the wild side and a wicked sense of humor.
Seeing as all the above rewards essentially require a list of interesting facts about myself, I’ll combine them with one list of 10 things.
1) Currently, one of my favorite television shows is Grimm.
2) When I grade papers, I use magic markers instead of the traditional red pen.
3) During the Olympics I watched gymnastics, rowing, beach volleyball, swimming, springboard/platform diving, table tennis, badminton, soccer, fencing, and archery.
4) I hate shopping for clothes.
5) I love foreign and independent films.
6) I have five pairs of Converse sneakers (black, gray, blue, green, and pink) and I wear them more than a woman my age should. They are my favorite kind of shoe!
7) I save all my movie ticket stubs. They are all pinned to a giant bulletin board in my classroom.
8) I’m letting my hair grow long and I like it better than I thought I would.
9) My favorite non-chocolate snack is crackers with cream cheese.
10) I love the smell of a new box of crayons.
- – -
Blog Tag – Vicki from The View Outside. Techinically I wasn’t tagged (although she did invite), but I thought these questions were so much fun, I had to play along!
1. If you could re-live a moment in your life when would you choose and why?
I would love to relive the day I drank my first Cafe Mocha, mainly because I don’t remember it! It’s my favorite coffee drink and sometimes I wonder what made me fall in love with it so completely.
2. What is your first happiest memory?
Swimming in the lake at my grandparent’s house in Northern Wisconsin.
3. If you could have dinner with 3 dead historical figures who would you choose?
Jane Austen – I would love to just sit down and talk to her about her stories and what inspired them.
Cleopatra – This woman beguiled everyone around her and continues to cast a spell on historians. A feisty woman like her would make for interesting conversation.
Frances Willard – I wrote a major research paper on this lesser known suffragist and I admire her greatly. I would love to experience her personality and learn from her strength.
4. After a long, difficult day, what is your favourite way to unwind?
Either watching a movie off my DVD shelf or spending a few hours in my favorite bookshop with a cup of coffee.
5. What is your favourite singer/band to listen to while writing?
It depends! Every piece I write has a separate soundtrack. At the moment, I’m working on Novel #2,which means a mix of Muse, Delerium, and Junip are coming from my iPod.
6. If you sold your novel for 100,000 (dollar/Euro/Pound/etc.) what would you do with your advance?
Pay off my house.
7. What did you want to be when you were little?
I was too busy hanging out in my imaginary worlds to think about anything so serious! I was 17 years old before I thought about what I wanted to do with my life!
8. What is one thing that you need with you when you write (on your desk, on your body, etc.)?
My iPod. I can’t write without my playlists.
9. Would you rather write using a computer, typewriter or pen and paper and why?
Both. When I’m writing longer pieces, I prefer my laptop. Poetry, however, always starts with pen and paper.
10. What are 3 things that invariably make you smile?
My family, coffee, and being creative.
11. What does your favourite colour remind you of?
My favorite color is green and I think I love it so much because it reminds of the trees in Northern Wisconsin.
- – -
As for nominees, this is where I’m really going to break the rules. Over the summer, I scattered blog awards to almost every blog I follow on regular basis. Aside from the fact that I’ve accepted most of these awards previously, there’s the reality that If I tag all of them again, I might be classified as a blog stalker! Therefore, in honor of the London Olympics coming to an end last week, I’ve decided anyone who has commented on a Sunday in London post is nominated for any all awards listed above. Thanks so much to all of you for following and commenting on a series that means so much to me.
- – -