Any regular follower of my blog knows that April was a busy month for my muse and I. The A to Z Challenge took over my writing schedule and pushed me to make deadlines without sacrificing my creativity. All in all, I consider April to be a very successful month in terms of my goals.
1) Complete final draft of Novel #2.
Revisions for Draft #2 are complete. I have since uploaded my revised draft onto my Kindle Fire, so I can fine-tune things a bit more. Using this format accomplishes two things:
- It is super exciting and encouraging to see my novel as it would appear in an e-book format.
- After reading my draft a million times as a Word document, it really helps to see sentences and paragraphs in a different way. I’m noticing little things that I just didn’t see in the original document. It’s really helping me spot little mistakes!
2) Work on converting Novel #1 into first person.
Still on the shelf (and that’s okay).
3) Submit 5 pieces of writing.
I have three writing magazines queued up, so I can start searching for competition and submission opportunities.
4) Submit three query letters for Novel #2
I got my hands on some new resources that might help me give my query a boost. If those resources turn out to be sound, I’ll pass them along. During May, I’m hoping to dig into my query and complete some much needed revisions.
5) Continue building author platform
The bulk of April was devoted to completing the A to Z Challenge. I’m proud to report I completed the challenge on time and without missing a single letter. Yay! Thanks to all my old and new readers for stopping by throughout the challenge.
As for social media, I spent more time in the blogosphere than I did Facebooking or Tweeting. With the challenge complete, I’m hoping to jump right back into the social networking scene.
My Facebook Page has grown from 284 to 291
On Twitter, my followers went from 528 to 525
Thanks so much to all my followers. Your support and encouragement means so much!
6) Read three books on the writing/publishing process.
April was a good month for this goal, as well. I read How I Got Published Ed. by Ray White and Duane Lindsay. A full review is on the way, but in short I found this book to be very helpful and encouraging.
One down, two to go!
7) Inspire others to keep writing.
As always, I can only hope I am a positive presence!
- – -
How are you doing on your 2013 goals?
- – -