Hugs to Melissa Maygrove for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Her blog is fantastic and a must-read for any writer! Melissa is so encouraging and supportive of her fellow writers. I’m so glad to have connected with her!
Here are the rules:
1) Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2) Answer the following 7 questions.
3) Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4) Pass it on to 7 deserving blogs.
For once, I’m going to follow the rules.
- – -
1) What’s your favorite song?
At the moment, my favorite song is “Sooner or Later” by Mat Kearney. I find the lyrics to be incredibly motivating as I work on my 2012 goals.
- – -
- – -
2) What is your favorite dessert?
3) What do you do when you’re upset?
I always cry. It doesn’t matter if I’m mad or sad, I cry when any emotion gets too strong.
4) Which is your favorite pet?
The animals no one else wants. My two dogs and two cats were all rescued from shelters.
5) Black or white?
Both. Old movies are the best.
6) What is your biggest fear?
Snakes. It’s incredibly irrational, but I am utterly paralyzed when I see one.
7) What is your attitude, mostly?
Ridiculously positive and bubbly.
- – -
10 Random Facts
1) I have a green thumb.
2) I know how to cross stitch
3) I am a Star Wars fanatic. I quote Yoda on a daily basis.
4) I know every line to the movie “What About Bob?”
5) When I eat Hershey’s kisses or miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups, I make a little tin foil ball with all the wrappers.
6) I’m a comic book geek. Spider-man was my childhood hero and he remains so to this day. I can’t wait for the “The Amazing Spider-man” movie this summer!
7) I can still fit into my prom dress (which I wore 16 years ago and still own).
8) I am fascinated by street art and graffiti, especially in foreign places.
9) I have a collection of coins from all over the world and different time periods. Some I picked up in my travels and others I bought from a dealer or traded with other collectors. Its like collecting pieces of history!
10) I like to paint my toenails with crazy colors. Inside my Converse sneakers there’s a burst of bright purple or a funky shade of orange.
- – -
7 Amazingly Kreativ Blogs:
This Handcrafted Life – Great posts that cover everything from beautiful paper to instructions on how to paint faux marble (that actually looks real!).
My Photography Expedition – Amazing photographs on every topic imaginable. This week, a post on colorful jellyfish at an aquarium brightened my day.
Five Reflections – I am in awe of the haikus posted on this blog. Every post inspires me to go out there and write three magical lines.
Rustic Recluse – Filled with fantastic travel photographs and informative posts about various places. In particular, posts about Russia keep me coming back for more.
Robin Coyle – A series about strong words vs. weak words makes this blog a writer’s delight!
Quirkster – Travel around the world through the eyes of one of the most interesting people I’ve ever met. Beautiful photographs meet a unique point of view in every post.
First Fifty Words – Need some inspiration to get out of that writing rut? This blog posts a new prompt every day!
- – -