There are no cards that say the right thing, so I made this list for you. An unorthodox gift it may be, but then nothing about us is ordinary. You are an amazing person and mother – I am so lucky to have you in my life.
- – -
1. You always let me be myself (even when I’m weird). I’ve always been so thankful for that.
2. I love that we share a love of writing. I like to think it’s in the genes.
3. You are so funny and you always make me laugh.
4. I love learning from you.
5. Your love of chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cups is epic.
6. Your poetry is witty, unique, honest, and brave. Just like you.
7. Perhaps one day I will inherit your strength.
8. The way you love and understand animals always amazes me.
9. You gave me more than few swift kicks in the ass I will always be grateful you were there to keep me on the right path.
10. I’ll never forget how you hugged me after Grandma passed away. In that moment, I knew everything was going to be okay.
11. Your compassion for others makes this world a better place.
12. I love it that we drive matching cars.
13. Thank you for teaching me how to crochet granny squares and the basics of knitting.
14. When I am down, I know you are there to pick me up.
15. You make the best chicken noodle soup. Ever.
16. Thanks to you, I know my States. The license plate game was pure genius.
17. Tuesday is my favorite day because I know you might stop by for a cup of coffee and a little blogging.
18. Your laugh is contagious.
19. You can work a smartphone better than I can and that makes you incredibly cool.
20. You are easy to talk to . . . about anything.
21. You are one of a kind and I’m honored to call you my mom.
Happy Mother’s Day!
- – -