When I launched my blog, I never expected to receive such a warm embrace from fellow bloggers and readers. I am so thankful to have connected to so many amazing writers and kind individuals. As if that wasn’t enough, I woke up yesterday morning to find I’ve been given a couple blog awards. How cool is that?
Thanks so much to Kristen Fairgrieve for considering my blog for such lovely awards. I’ve never been shy about how much I love her encouraging and heartfelt blog. If you haven’t already visited her site, please give her a click. She’s sure to make you smile with her Wish Jar and Fun Bunny Fridays.
As per award stipulations, here are seven random facts about me:
1) I’ve been completely lost in several major international cities: London, Edinburgh, Paris, Rome, and Beijing. A good old-fashioned compass helped me find my way out of the maze every time. I still take it with me on every trip. Hmmmm . . . this gives me an idea for a future blog post.
2) I swam with sharks in French Polynesia and I still think its the most incredible thing I’ve ever done.
3) I am terrified of snakes.
4) I can’t cook to save my life, but I love to bake (cookies, cakes, brownies, etc).
5) My favorite fields of historical study are Ancient Egypt (the Amarna Period in particular) and China’s Cultural Revolution.
6) I am a film and TV nut. I watch one or the other every day.
7) I have a knack for getting autographs. Whether it be musicians, actors, writers, etc. I always seem to find a way to get their signatures if I really try. My prize is a Season 3 DVD set signed by the entire cast of The Office (U.S. version). Hmmm . . . yet another idea for a future post. It’s a good story!
Now for five bloggers who also deserve the recognition of these blog awards:
1) I’ve given praise to this blog before and I have no problem doing it again. Random Acts of Writing [+ art] is a truly inspiring blog that combines art with literary quotes and an inspiring outlook on life.
2) The Crowing Crone is a fantastic site that offers beautiful poetry and insightful posts about life and the little things that matter most.
3) I always learn something from reading a post on TBN Ranch. Whether it be Western/folk poetry, posts about raising chickens, essays on every day life, or lessons on how to care for horses, this blog offers a unique perspective on just about everything.
4) Bonnie James ~ Unbound is one of the most uplifting sites and among the first I visited after launching on wordpress. She is a true inspiration for creativity, writing, and always sees the beauty in life.
5) Wendy L. Young delivers all the details of what is like to be a writer from the stage of piecing together a rough draft to the accomplishment of publishing a novel. She is honest, funny, and a very talented writer. I highly recommend her book, Come the Shadows if you are a mystery fan.
Maybe I’m cheating a little here, but I can’t narrow it down to just five so here is an honorable mention:
Doodlemum is an amazing artist that shares drawings from her sketchbook. I find her work to be whimsical, soulful, and joyous as she captures the beauty of daily life like no other.
– – –
In order to pick up the awards, you must do the following:
- Thank and link to the person who nominates you.
- Share seven random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award to five more blogger friends.
- Contact and congratulate the blogs nominated.
Thanks to all these wonderful bloggers for continuing to inspire not only me, but those lucky enough to find you.