I’m usually a very dedicated blogger averaging around three to four posts a week. Sometimes, however, life catches up to me and tears me away from the computer. Over the next few days, I’ll be taking a little breather from blogging in order to catch up on the following:
1) Delivering hundreds and hundreds of canned food to my school’s food bank headquarters. My classes really pulled together and collected a giant pile of food items for this year’s food drive. At the moment, we have 521 cans. There’s still four hours until the deadline, too! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: my students rock!
2) Baking 80 cupcakes. Part of the reason my students contributed so much to the food drive was because they wanted homemade cupcakes and a movie day. I haven’t done the math yet to figure out just how many boxes of cake mix and icing I will need! Yikes! All weekend, I’ll be slaving over the oven, (its worth it!).
3) Visiting family. My aunt flew into to town this week and I haven’t had a chance to see her. She’s one of my favorite people in this world and I can’t wait to give her a hug.
4) Twilighting with all the other geeks. I’ve made no secret that I’m a Twilight fan and today it’s all about Breaking Dawn: Part I. A bunch of friends and my sister will be joining me for a late night showing of the latest Twilight film. To get good seats, we’re going to the theater two hours early to wait in line. It sounds awful, but to a Twilight fan there’s nothing better than hanging out with other fans. I vow to give in to my inner geek and have a great time!
5) Everything else. Aside from the first four, there’s cleaning the house, laundry, my mother-in-law’s birthday, grocery shopping, and getting the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly (Breaking Dawn is on the cover!). Ahhhh!
Of course, sometimes I tell myself I’m going to take a break and then I can’t help myself. We’ll see how long I last! Today, I’m going to try and catch up on answering comments – I’m sorry for not answering right away. Thank you readers! You are the best!