For the third week in a row, an amazing reader and fellow blogger has been kind enough to nominate me for two more blog awards. What an honor to receive the One Lovely Blog Award and the Beautiful Blogger Award from mywithershins. She writes an incredible blog filled with beautiful crafts, photographs, and fantastic stories. If you aren’t reading this blog, its worth a bit of time to stop by and see what all the fuss is about!
Thank you so much for these gorgeous awards:
The acceptance rules are a little hazy, so I’m going to follow the lead of mywithershins and list seven lovely and beautiful things that deserve some recognition.
1) A perfect Cafe Mocha – I drink one almost every day and it never gets old.
2) Penny rugs – Wool felt applique is beyond beautiful and I’m planning to write a post about what is fast becoming a lost art. Stay tuned!
3) Red maple leaves – You can take the girl out of the woods, but you can’t take the woods out of the girl. I still make wax paper sun catchers out of pressed red maple leaves.
4) The smell of rain – Whether its wet pavement, the Northwoods, or a desert landscape, rain brings out an earthy aroma beyond compare.
5) The twinkle of white Christmas lights – What’s not to love?
6) An old book – There’s something magical about bent covers, worn pages, and a story that’s been read by countless people.
7) World maps, atlases, and globes. To a geography geek these are utterly mesmerizing!
– – –
To pass along these lovely awards, I’m going to rely on my rule-bending ways. Instead of tagging seven more blogs (which is the usual way of things), I’m going to open this up to my readers. If you know a beautiful blog that deserves these awards, post the link into the comment section. That should really expand the bubble and give everyone a chance to share a favorite blog and visit blogs beyond my circle. I’m looking forward to some great new places to visit in the blogosphere!
– – –