It’s official, my sinuses hate me. The yo-yo weather of late is turning my head into a ticking time bomb and I swear it’s ready to blow. To preserve my sanity, I’ll be keeping this update rather short.
Word Count Progress:
Draft #1 Word Count:
- Start Word Count: 60,366
- End Word Count: 63,373
- Total: 3,007
Draft #2 Revised Word Count:
- Start Word Count: 62,703
- End Word Count: 65,883
- Total: 3,180
Writing Process Notes:
- It’s been four days since I’ve worked on Novel #2, but I’ve decided no work is better than trying to revise while under the influence of Benadryl. No good can come from the drowsy stupor I find myself in whenever I take those little pink pills.
- My goal for this week is to reach 90% completion. That way I can use Spring Break to complete the final 10%. I don’t like how close to the deadline this is all happening, but at this point I don’t have much choice but to plow through.
Epilogue or not?
- I’ve been playing with the idea of an epilogue since I finished Novel #2. As a matter of fact, I’ve already written the epilogue as a segue into the sequel. The only thing I can’t decide is whether the segment should stay an epilogue or become the first chapter of the next book.
- The epilogue basically focuses on the morning after the closing action sequence. Everything appears calm and Amanda can finally relax after what can only be described as a traumatizing experience. However, just as everything starts to feel normal, her new reality reminds her that nothing can ever be as it was before. Too much has changed and too many dangers remain.
- So, readers, what is your opinion concerning epilogues? Love them or hate them, share your thoughts in the comments.
– – –