There’s nothing like the light of a Lighthouse Blog Award to brighten my day. Many thanks to Cat Lumb for nominating my blog for this lovely award. Her blog is a must for any writer as she documents the highs and lows of a writer’s life with charm and wit on her blog, The Struggle To Be A Writer.
- Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Share three ways that you like to help others.
- Nominate as many bloggers as you like.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
- Have fun!
– – –
Three ways I help others:
1. I’m a teacher, so most of my day is devoted to helping my students learn World History and Art History. Aside from content, I’m helping them read, write, and become lifelong learners. Most of all, I’m helping them find confidence in their abilities and the courage to think for themselves.
2. On the last Friday of every month, I bake a treat for my co-workers. It’s a simple, little thing, but it really brightens everyone’s day. Teaching is a difficult job, so even the smallest bit of light goes a long way.
3. For me “others” also includes animals. I regularly collect things the Arizona Humane Society needs to care for the animals they shelter. Towels, food, collars, toys, beds, etc. are brought to my classroom by anyone willing to donate. When there’s enough to fill up my car, I pack it all up and drive to the shelter.
Just recently I looked into how my new obsession with knitting might be able to benefit homeless animals and I found The Snuggles Project. This organization facilitates the distribution of hand-knit blankets to animal shelters across the country. As it turns out, my local humane society shelter is on the list of facilities that accepts donations. I can’t wait to start knitting warm blankets for puppies, kittens, and animals suffering from trauma or recovering from surgery.
Random Acts of Writing + [art] – Beautiful photographs, gorgeous words, tasty recipes, and fantastic pieces of art await you on this blog!
Heart to Harp – Whether it’s mastering the playing of the harp, taking beautiful pictures, or knitting socks and sweaters, the writer of this blog is full of life.
Metaphors and Smiles – Words weave together with vivid imagery and imagination on this poetic blog.
Crowing Crone – Travel alongside Joss as she goes on the adventure of a lifetime through France.
The Everyday Epic – Follow this blogger as she juggles the life of a teacher with the dream of seeing her novel published.
– – –