After stuffing myself with Thanksgiving turkey and spending time with family, I can’t forget to take a moment to be thankful for all the little blessings in my life. Every year, I like to sit down and make a list of 22 Moments of Gratitude and this year is no different.
1. My husband. It’s been 15 years and I still find myself falling in love with him.
2. Moments when Grandpa tells a great joke.
3. Time with my mother, to write or to talk.
4 Fridays with my sister. I love how we laugh.
5. Both of my furkids are still wagging their tails. At 11 and 14 years old, I treasure every moment I have with them.
6. While I am still heartbroken at the loss of a dear friend, I am grateful for the memories that remind to smile.
7. Yarn on my knitting needles and a new stitch to learn.
8. Books that give my imagination a place to play.
9. My overactive muse, who never lets me sit still for very long.
11. Poetry in it’s many forms enlivens my senses.
12. The Cafe Mocha that soothes my soul and kickstarts my muse.
13. Refusing to become someone I’m not, no matter how much a situation tries to break me.
14. My editor. She helped me make my novel something I can be really proud of.
15. A small paycheck that always stretches out to be enough.
16. A crockpot that makes it easy to cook.
17. My readers, who fill my world with encouragement.
18. The natural world still moves me. I see the sun rise every morning and it always stuns me.
19. Laughing is still my favorite thing.
20. Finding empowerment in the choice to be happy, instead of relying on something or someone to make it happen.
21. The call to go somewhere new and consider a new start.
22. No matter what, I can always find my joy.
– – –
Previous Moments of Gratitude:
– – –
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
– – –