Many thanks to Matrone Bell at Rambling and Other Nonsence for nomination me for the Leibster Blog Award. It’s been a little bit of a rough week, so it was really nice to receive a some blog love. Be sure to check out her blog as it is full of interesting muse fragments and poetry!
1) Paste the award picture into your blog.
2) Write up 11 NEW questions directed towards your nominees.
3) When you receive the award, you must post 11 random facts about yourself.
4) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs and let them know.
– – –
Questions from Matrone Bell:
1) What accomplishment in your life are you most proud of?
I haven’t sold out for any reason.
2) If you could get away with murder, how would you dispose of the body?
I hope it never comes to that!
3) What’s your biggest pet peeve?
People who use cell phones in the movie theater. Seriously, I did not shell out money to watch your screen light up or listen to your conversation. (Rant over.)
4) Are you a carnivore or a herbivore?
5) What did you want to be as a kid?
6) What made you start blogging?
I needed something to do after finishing my first novel. I had a lot of writing time that needed to be filled with more writing.
7) What do you admire most in people?
Compassion. We all have it . . . some just bury it deeper than others.
8) What do you consider your best quality?
My relentless optimism.
9) Name one personality trait you hate about yourself?
I can be a little too competitive.
10) What thing would you like to see me post more about?
Poetry. I love your poetry!
11) How devastated are you that twinkies are gone?
Twinkies were good, but they were never my favorite. However, I am crushed at the loss of the cupcakes with the little white swirly on top.
– – –
11 Random Facts:
1) I have a life-sized Edward Cullen standee in my classroom. He was a gift and I love him.
2) The Mortal Instruments is one of my favorite YA series, along with its prequel The Infernal Devices.
3) I have a large Barbie Doll collection that I’ve been adding to since I was a kid. Among my favorites are the original dolls in the Barbie Fashion Model Collection and an original 1964 bubble cut Barbie.
4) Every year after Black Friday I clean out my closets. There’s no way I can buy that much stuff and keep everything I have at the same time. Goodwill usually gets a carload of clothes and housewares from our house during the last week of November.
5) I love broccoli. Steamed, no butter, no salt, no sauce. Just broccoli. Mmmmmm.
6) I know how to make my own lotion, shampoo, chap stick, etc. Everything is made with all natural ingredients, too!
7) I prefer blue pens over black pens. Pen over pencil. Crayon over marker.
8) I love snow, which makes it ironic that I live in a desert.
9) I love science fiction – Star Trek, Star Wars, or anything else half as cool!
10) Aside from Jane Eyre, The Fierce Bad Rabbit by Beatrix Potter is my favorite book.
11) All of my Christmas shopping is done.
– – –
All of these blogs are full of inspiring and creative posts. I look forward to visiting each day and I hope you enjoy them, too.
– – –
11 New Questions:
1) If you could have one superpower what would it be?
2) What is something you’ve always wanted to learn how to do? (What’s stopping you?)
3) What is your favorite movie?
4) Mac or PC? Why?
5) If your home was one fire and you had time to grab one thing, what would it be?
6) Who do you admire most? Why?
7) What do you think you’ll be doing five years from now?
8) What is your idea of a perfect day?
9) Coffee or tea?
10) If a magazine asked you to write an article about any topic, what would you write about?
11) What charity or organization means the most to you?
– – –